Monday, March 21, 2011

Things We Don't Need

I was on Far Fetch today and came across a few items that nobody needs. 

First up, we have one of the oddest garments I've seen in a while. The cotton and silk bodysuit T-shirt dress from Labour of Love, who I usually enjoy, but is admittedly a little out there sometimes.  This is a dress with the illusion of an ugly American Apparel leotard over the top. Why would one want a shiny implied leotard on your dress?  It's marked down to $150, so it's a steal compared to the rest of the shit I'm going to show you.
































How about something for the fellas?  Here is Fabric Interseason's Fringed Cape.  Do you love it?  Your man will, I'm sure.  Can you guess how much this costs?  It's $1712, was that what you thought?  Me too, I mean it's 100% cotton and fits like a dream.  I could probably recreate this look for my husband by just cutting a hole in the rug in the kitchen, but maybe if I got him a fancy fringed cape that cost almost two grand he would decide to finally get me an engagement ring, even though we've already been married for two and a half years. 

On the left we have a Comme Des Garcons waist tie apron for $283.00 made of 100% Wool, dry clean only.  Why would you want a dry clean only apron?  Why would you pay $283 for a plain black apron?  If all you want is a black apron with two hip pockets you could get the apron on the right for $12.77, and it's a poly/cotton blend so you can just  throw it in the washing machine when you get it dirty. 


































And finally, this is a Mink Fur Teddy Bear by Liska, which you can get for $1208.  Do I really need to explain why this is unnecessary?

No comments: